If he still yearns to cast that 20-sided die, I shall be here to protect his right to that yearning.
What does d20 stand for?
d20 stands for 20-Sided Die (gaming)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Device State 2 (undefined partial-sleep power-down mode, computing)
- Dhoom 2 (Hindi movie)
- Diablo 2 (game)
- Diesel Fuel
- Digital Domain
- Doom 2
- Dopamine Type 2 (neurotransmitter; also seen as D-2)
- Dungeons and Dragons
- Duran Duran (band)
- The Doors of the 21st Century (band)
- Fairchild Dornier Do 228 (airliner)
- Day 24 of Incubation (research embryos)
- 28th Day (clinical trials)
- Digital to Analog (television signal conversion)
- Differential Amplitude and Phase-Shift Keying with 2 Concentric Rings and 8 Signal Points
- Dealer to Builder (AVAD; Van Nuys, CA)
- Designed to Build (architecture firm; Fayetteville, NC)
- Document to Business (document management software; Business Document)
- Domestic Digital Bus (home automation standard)
Samples in periodicals archive:
and the accompanying paraphernalia--an electronic reader that decodes and stores information from an assortment of player and strategy cards that are run through its scanner, along with a 20-sided die, playmat, and rule book.
The answers that first appeared on the 20-sided die in the 1940s are the same answers that appear in the Original Magic 8 Ball[R] today.