18, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- A new study published in the November issue of Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology (ICHE), the journal of the Society for Healthcare Epidemiology of America (SHEA), finds for the first time that improved hydrogen peroxide, the active ingredient found in products such as Clorox Healthcare (TM) Hydrogen Peroxide Cleaner Disinfectants, had a greater log-reduction of organisms at a one-minute contact time than standard hydrogen peroxide and quaternary ammonium compounds (QUATS).
What does H2O2 stand for?
H2O2 stands for Hydrogen Peroxide
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Hope 2000 (hacker convention)
- Dihydrogen Monoxide (water)
- Halloween: 20 Years Later (movie)
- Hard 2 Obtain (hip hop)
- Heaven 2 Others (teen center)
- Helping to Overcome (various locations)
- Here 2 Own (Splinter Cell gaming clan)
- Hip-Hop Odyssey
- Hope 2 Others (ministry; various locations)
- House to Home Ownership (Loan)
- Hail to Pitt (University of Pittsburgh fight song; Pittsburgh, PA)
- Hanzi to Pinyin (language conversion software)
- Helicopter Second Pilot
- Honors Humanities Project (university-level coursework)
- Humanitarian Pandemic Preparedness (International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies)
- Harvest-to-Query (software)
- Hire to Retire
- Histamine H2 Receptor
- H2-Receptor Antagonist
- Histamine type-2 receptor antagonist (stomach acid)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Hydrogen peroxide solutions are found in almost every operating theatre and are used by many surgical specialties, often with little knowledge of their inherent risk.
TRADING standards officials have issued a warning to the public after excessive levels of hydrogen peroxide were found in some teeth-whitening products.
have entered into an agreement to create a joint venture for the construction of a hydrogen peroxide (HP) plant in Thailand.
With the new technology, peroxymonosulfuric acid can be produced without hydrogen peroxide but by electrolyzing the sulfuric acid.
The typical lifetime of a hydrogen peroxide molecule in Martian atmosphere is about 2 days, says Delory.
The 1,200-gallon batch of chemicals was mixed last month, after a shipment of 4,400 gallons of hydrogen peroxide was delivered to the Airborne Laser, or ABL, integrated maintenance facility at Edwards.
Application: Manganese can decompose hydrogen peroxide under alkaline conditions, but the right combination of chemicals can make the solution more stable.