The name IKEA stems from a combination of the first letters of Kamprad's name and the first letters of country houses and villages in which he grew up: Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.
What does IKEA stand for?
IKEA stands for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd (Swedish home furnishings retailer; derived from founder's initials and hometown)
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
See other definitions of IKEA
- Indywidualnych Kont Emerytalnych (Polish: Individual Retirement Account)
- Information Knowledge Exchange
- Institut für Kernenergetik und Energie (Systeme der Universit Stuttgart, Germany)
- Integrated Knowledge Environment
- Interdimensional Kinetic Entity (Quantum Conundrum character)
- Internet Key Encryption
- Internet Key Exchange
- Ion Kinetic Energy
- IPsec Key Exchange
- I Know Everything Already
- International Kidney Evaluation Association Japan
- Indiana-Kentucky Electric Corporation
- Indonesia Korea Economic Corporation
- International Kava Executive Council (est. 2003)
- International Kitchen Exhaust Cleaning Association
- Installation Kits Electronic Equipment
- Imperial Klingon Expeditionary Forces (Star Trek)
- Internacia Komerca Ekonomia Fakgrupo (Esperanto: International Specialist Group for Commerce and Economics)
- Industrial Klay Extruder Gun (Kemper product)
- Internationaal Kinder Evangelisatie Genootschap (Dutch: International Child Evangelism Fellowship)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The name is an acronym for Ingvar Kamprad Elmtaryd Agunnaryd.