Originally built as a meeting place for a secret society called the Order of the Knights of Pythias, the apartment block was designed by an architect famed for his cinema palaces.
What does K of P stand for?
K of P stands for Knights of Pythias (Masons)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
- Over (logging abbreviation)
- Permeability (physics)
- Phylloquinone (vitamin)
- Que (Spanish)
- Special K (cereal)
- Tanker Aircraft Designation (US military, as in KC-10)
- US Offices in China Stamp (Scott Catalogue prefix; philately)
- Wreck Less Than $50 Damage (Alabama Public Safety radio code)
- Knights of Columbus
- Keratoconjunctivitis Sicca (ophthalmology; form of eye inflammation)
- Kansas State University
- Constant Dollars
- Kyrie Eleison (Greek: Lord Have Mercy; a Catholic prayer)
- Kent and East Sussex Railway
- Kansas and Gulf Shortline
- Kultur Und Gesellschaft (German)
- Knife & Gun Club
- Knopp and Humblet Scheduling Algorithm
- Joint Knopp and Humblet / Round-Robin Scheduling Algorithm
Samples in periodicals archive:
He was a member of the Irving Yarock Post #32 of the Jewish War Veterans and Knights of Pythias.
PHILADELPHIA, April 27 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- The following was released today by Greenwood Cemetery: Story Summary A new and long-anticipated beginning for Greenwood Estate at Rush Farm on the grounds of the historic Knights of Pythias Greenwood Cemetery is marked at the official April 30 groundbreaking at the cemetery.
Jud was chancellor of the Knights of Pythias and past president of the Knollwood Men's Golf Club among other things.
It turns out all those silly-sounding civic associations--ranging from the Benevolent and Protective Order of Elks and the Eastern Star to the Knights of Pythias and the Loyal Order of Moose--were critical.
With paid-up dues and a one-time admission fee of $3, members of the Knights of Pythias could join the "Endowment Rank" and receive life protection of up to $1,000, a sizable sum in those days.
The Westminster Knights of Pythias has given $5,000 to Carroll Community College in Westminster, Md.
Catholics who joined the Masonic Order itself were excommunicated; those who joined the Odd Fellows or the Knights of Pythias were denied the sacraments.