LET'S GET SERIOUS: There were no jokes last Friday night at the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women 34th annual humanitarian awards dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel.
What does LACAAW stand for?
LACAAW stands for Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of LACAAW in our Acronym Attic
- Liberia Annual Conference United Methodist Church
- Los Angeles County / University of Southern California Medical Center
- Ladies Apparel Contractors Association (New York, NY)
- Latin American Chaplains Association (Bellingham, MA)
- Latin American Congress on Autoimmunity
- left atrial catheter ablation
- Licking Area Computer Association (Ohio)
- Local Authority Catering Association
- Los Angeles, California
- Louisiana Agricultural Consultants Association
- Lake Area Citizens Advisory Board (Missouri)
- Los Alamos Citizens Advisory Board (Los Alamos, NM)
- Los Angeles Compensation and Benefits Association (California)
- Latin American Civil Aviation Commission
- Local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee
- Los Angeles County Arts Commission (California)
- Los Angeles County Animal Care and Control
- Los Angeles County Academic Decathlon (high school)
- Los Angeles Cultural Affairs Department (Los Angeles, CA)
- Lapeer Area Citizens against Domestic Assault (Lapeer, MI)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Patricia Giggans, executive director of the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women (LACAAW), will serve as keynote speaker for National University's 2005 commencement ceremony in Sacramento on Sunday, June 5.
Police have been working closer with victims' advocacy groups, including the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women (LACAAW) and the Valley Trauma Center, to accompany victims to the hospital and encourage them to testify in court.
Members of the school's chapter of Students Together Organizing Peace, an anti-violence group, will join the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women and rape crisis workers from the Valley Trauma Center for a 3:30 p.
The Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women (LACAAW) has set up a toll-free, 24-hour crisis hotline at (877) 633-0044, through which immediate assistance is available from volunteers trained to counter stalking.
The group is affiliated with the nonprofit Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women and a commission program called Vecinos Unidos Contra la Violencia.
But that is what happened, and for her efforts to help stop violence against women, the North Hills woman will receive the Volunteer of the Year for Violence Prevention Award from the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women today.
``It is important to be able to break the silence and talk to those who won't make you feel guilty,'' said Morrison, a consultant for the Los Angeles Commission on Assaults Against Women.