Palliative treatment was started with oral Methylprednisolone 1 mg/kg body weight, Mercaptopurine and monthly courses with Cytosine arabinoside 75 mg/[m.
What does 6-MP stand for?
6-MP stands for Mercaptopurine
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- UPS Air Cargo (airline code)
- 5 X-Bar Central Office Equipment
- 6 O'Clock (behind you)
- Shortstop (baseball scoring)
- The Prisoner's number (1967 TV program)
- 6-Aminopenicillanic Acid
- Six Degrees of Freedom (Simulation)
- 6-Pyruvoyltetrahydropterin Synthase
- Go (when paging someone, 60 means Go)
- Homicide (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- 60 X Distance = Speed X Time (formula for calculating speed, time, or distance given any of the two datapoints)
- Personal Assault (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
- Offences under Trespass Act (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Trespass under Specific Statute (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Miscellaneous Trespass Offences (police radio code; New Zealand)
- Rape (Alabama Public Safety Radio Code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Mercaptopurine pharmacogenetics: monogenic inheritance of erythrocyte thiopurine methyltransferase activity.
Thiopurines are a class of drugs that include azathioprine and mercaptopurine.
Researchers also found low MSH2 levels were associated with leukemia resistance to the thiopurine medications, including mercaptopurine, a drug all children with ALL receive.
Key words ALL--Indian population--polymorphism--SNaPshot--TPMT ********** Thiopurine methyltransferase (TPMT) is a cytosolic enzyme that catalyzes the S-methylation of aromatic and heterocyclic sulfhydryl compounds, including mercaptopurine (MP), thioguanine (TG), and azathioprine (AZA) (1).
Mercaptopurine therapy intolerance and heterozygosity at the thiopurine S-methyltransferase gene locus.
However, febuxostat is contraindicated in patients who are taking azathioprine, mercaptopurine, and theophylline.
Molecular diagnosis of thiopurine Smethyltransferase deficiency: genetic basis for azathioprine and mercaptopurine intolerance.