A microsecond is one-millionth of a second, so no need to adjust watches just yet.
What does µSEC stand for?
µSEC stands for Microsecond
This definition appears frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Microcoulomb (electrical measurement)
- Microfarad (unit of capacitance)
- micrograms per liter
- Microjoule (measurement of energy)
- Microlitre (0.000001 Litres)
- Micropolitan Statistical Areas
- Micro-Total Analysis System (biotechnology)
- Rural Address Designation (second character of postal code, Canada)
- Telephone Operator (US)
- 0%$ (zero percent financing)
- Wears Eyeglasses (emoticon)
- Emergency/Maximum Priority (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Emergency Services Number (AU)
- Alec Trevelyan (Goldeneye movie)
- Bond, James Bond (Ian Fleming)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Putting this chip into the switch used to build the two-tier interconnect network described above results in a latency of less than a microsecond, which, when added to an RDMA or ToE-supported NIC means a total latency of less than 10 microseconds.
6 microns with a response time of 50 microseconds (.
Storage times of many microseconds represent a valuable step, says Claude Weisbuch of the Ecole Polytechnique in Palaiseau, France.
Orders Now Execute in Less Than 400 Microseconds on Average; Visible via Multicast Pitch in 630 Microseconds KANSAS CITY, Mo.
The lifetimes range from 10 microseconds to 100 milliseconds.
Testing resulted in an average latency of 31 microseconds and a 99.
But researchers have now discovered that some of the antiprotons fired into a vat of liquid helium survive as long as 15 microseconds.