Among the topics are why Old Frisian is really Middle Frisian, finiteness and verb fronting, the two infinitives prate and praten, the verbal complex, complementizer agreement, language changes, contact-induced changes in Modern West Frisian, nasalizing and lengthening, and a lexical theory of schwa-deletion.
What does OFri stand for?
OFri stands for Old Frisian (linguistics)
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
See other definitions of OFri
We have 2 other meanings of OFri in our Acronym Attic
- Oxford Financial Research Centre (Oxford University; UK)
- Office of Force Readiness and Deployment
- On-Farm Research Division (Bangladesh Agricultural Research Institute)
- Outstanding Fund Raising Executive (award; Association of Fund Raising Professionals, Western Pennsylvania Chapter)
- Office for the Regulation of Electricity and Gas
- Office Furniture Recyclers Forum
- Organic Farming Research Foundation (Santa Cruz, CA)
- Oligonucleotide Fingerprinting of Ribosomal RNA (Ribonucleic Acid) Genes
- Old Fashioned Revival Hour (Orange, CA)
- Office for Foreign Relations and Information (Czech Republic)
- Ontario Forest Research Institute (Ministry of Natural Resources; Canada)
- Oregon Forest Restoration Initiative
- Oxygen Flow Rate Index (cardiovascular medicine)
- Oxygen-Mediated Free Radical Injury (cardiology)
- Operations and Support Cost Reduction Financial Resources Investment Review Committee
- Old Frisian Runic (linguistics)
- Old Frisian
- Online Fault Reporting, Interactive Troubleshooting and Upgrade System
- Oil Filter Relocation Kit
- Organization of Former Residents of Lodz in Israel
Samples in periodicals archive:
Second, there is evidence that "the Mercian dialect [of Old English] was partly of Old Frisian origin" (Skeat, Principles 41n1).
Janet is a dimunitive of Jane -from old French ``Jehanne'',Street from old Frisian ``strete'' and Porter from old French,``portier''.