A spokesperson for BT said: "We are very sorry for the delays in providing phone lines to residents at The Elms development.
What does S4TD stand for?
S4TD stands for Sorry for the Delay
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Slang/chat, popular culture
- Strategies for Sustainability (Delta, BC, Canada)
- Students 4 Students (National Leadership Conference, University of Wollongong, NSW, Australia)
- Students 4 Sustainability (Delft University of Technology)
- Students for Sustainability
- Subscribe for Subscribe (YouTube)
- Support 4 Support
- Surfaced Four Sides (lumber)
- Systas 4 Systas, Inc. (New Jersey)
- Students for Social Justice (Oakton Community College; IL)
- Scratch for Second Life (graphical programming language)
- Service for User
- SureSoLuTion4u (website)
- Searching for Venues (hospitality; Sheffield, South Yorkshire, UK)
- Schools for Wildlife (World Wildlife Fund-Canada)
- Security for Women (various locations)
- Solution for Web (est. 2002; Czech Republic)
- Something for the Weekend
- Songs 4 Worship (Christian music series)
- Civil Affairs Officer (Army)
- Secondary 5 (various locations)
Samples in periodicals archive:
A spokesman for First TransPennine Express said: "We are extremely sorry for the delays and inconvenience to customers travelling between Huddersfield and Manchester.
It was inevitable there was a short period of time needed to produce the amount of transfers required and as such we are sorry for the delay on Friday morning.
As an 'every little helps' gesture towards Prestatyn and as some form of compensation for what they have done to the town, maybe they can dip their hands into their corporate pocket, say sorry for the delays and then nuisance and here's a million to pay off the Scalia debt?
Assistant Chief Constable Derek Benson, of Essex Police, said: "Essex Police is sorry for the delay in finding Natasha and accepts that mistakes were made.
And it will send you £500 and a bouquet to say sorry for the delay and inconvenience you suffered.
Mr Keene said he was sorry for the delay but claimed he had lost "thousands" because of damage to his crops.
We are very sorry for the delay and we are doing our utmost for Singapore Airlines and our esteemed customers," he said.