[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] FASIT The FASIT standard is based on the use of modern computer networks and standard IP-based (Internet protocol) communications, specifically the transport control protocol (TCP).
What does TCP stand for?
TCP stands for Transport Control Protocol
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
- Military and Government
See other definitions of TCP
We have 485 other meanings of TCP in our Acronym Attic
- Training Control Program
- Trajectory Change Point (air traffic management)
- Trans-Caspian Pipeline (submarine pipeline between Turkmenistan and Azerbaijan)
- Transactional Content Processing (software)
- Transcutaneous Pacing
- TRANSEC Control Processor
- Transformation Campaign Plan
- Transformer Coupled Plasma
- Transmission by Carrier Pigeon
- Transmission Control Protocol (with Internet Protocol [IP], the main protocol of the Internet)
- Transportation Charter Permit
- Transportation Control Plan
- Tratado de Comercio de los Pueblos (Spanish)
- Treaty Commission Process (Canada)
- Tri-Cities Paranormal (Kingsport, TN)
- Trial Color Proof (philatelic color test stamp)
- Tribal Consultation Policy (US DHHS)
- Tricalcium Phosphate (calcium salt)
- Trichlorophenol (antiseptic)
- Trichlorophenylmethyliodosalicyl (proprietary germicide)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Time is necessary to physically communicate from one location to another, which can be exacerbated by "chatty" communication protocols, such as the transport control protocol (TCP).
The iSCSI protocol maps the SCSI remote procedure invocation model on top of the Internet's Transport Control Protocol (TCP) to produce a transport mechanism for storage over Ethernet.
In addition to the reliable transport control protocols, several efforts are underway by vendors, the Internet community, and IETF working groups to develop protocols that will allow for guaranteed reliability of IP multicast transmissions, utilizing QoS methods such as RSVP, the resource reservation setup protocol.
Technology leaders like Crescendo recognize that Altera's programmable solutions are the best way to handle functions which require hardware-level performance and software-level flexibility, such as the Transport Control Protocol management that the Maestro platform delivers," said Jordan Plofsky, senior vice president, application business groups at Altera.
In addition to traditional applications that leverage the Transport Control Protocol (TCP), Silver Peak appliances accelerate applications that use the User Datagram Protocol (UDP), such as Veritas(R) Volume Replicator and other data replication solutions.
On average, 27 percent of enterprise WAN traffic is not using the Transport Control Protocol (TCP), which is a big departure from expectations as many people tend to believe that TCP accounts for the vast majority of enterprise WAN traffic.
The severe performance degradation and latency caused by the 550 msec Round Trip Time (RTT), an inherent problem of satellite communications, was eliminated by the Space Communications Protocol (SCPS), a DoD standard for optimizing Transport Control Protocol (TCP) over satellite links.