1803: Constitutional Intent for Electing The Presidency: How the Twelfth Amendment Failed to Anticipate the Rise of Competing National Parties" explores early politics and the place of the electoral college in early American politics, and the origin of the Twelfth amendment, including author Roget Burgett's own beliefs of what needs to be done to help the twelfth amendment.
What does 12A stand for?
12A stands for Twelfth Amendment
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
- AIDS Suicide (police radio code)
- Eleventh Amendment
- Short Arm of Chromosome 11
- 11th Wolverines Reactionary (gaming clan)
- Burglary of Vending Machine (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Twelve-Tone Equal Temperament (musical tuning system)
- Kidnapping (police radio code)
- Abduction (police radio code)
- 128-Ary Amplitude and Phase Shift Keying
- Twelfth Air Force (USAF)
- 12 Centimeter Multimedia Corporation (Mountain View, California)
- 12-Hour Clock (as opposed to 24H)
- Duodecimo (book paper size)
- 12 Months of the Year
- 12 Outstanding Airmen of the Year
- 12e Régiment Blindé du Canada (Canadian forces armoured regiment)
- Prowler (Birmingham, AL Radio Code)
- Aggravated Robbery Weapon (police radio code)
- Aggravated Robbery Manual (police radio code)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The signing ceremony of the twelfth amendment to the Agreement between the governments of Kyrgyzstan and the United States signed on December 21, 2001 was held in Bishkek, reported press office of the Government of Kyrgyzstan.
This change was institutionalized when the Twelfth Amendment permanently created national tickets of presidents and vice presidents within parties.
The controversial Twelfth Amendment bill introduced by it some time back was passed by the National Assembly in the record time of less than one hour.
One good reason for rethinking the current system-at least for strict constructionists--is that the Twelfth Amendment explicitly provides for separate balloting of the president and vice president.
a leader in the giftware, and home and garden decor industries, today announced the Company signed a twelfth amendment to its current U.
The purpose of this eleventh amendment is, among other things, to provide the Company and its lenders with an additional period of time to negotiate the terms of a twelfth amendment to the Company's Bank Credit Facility that would comprehensively address any remaining issues between the parties with respect to the Bank Credit Facility through the current stated maturity date of December 2, 2009.
8) While the Twelfth Amendment tinkered with the constitutional mechanism, the emergence of parties altered its actual operation beyond recognition.