Embedded value earnings comprise: * The value added by new business written during the year, after allowance for the cost of holding capital: * The profit from existing business equal to the expected return on the value of in-force business, including allowance for the cost of holding capital; * The impact of changes in economic assumptions during the year; * The experience variances caused by the differences between actual and expected experience and the impact of changes in assumptions for future operating experience; and * The expected investment return on the shareholders' net worth.
What does VANB stand for?
VANB stands for Value Added by New Business
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Business, finance, etc.
- Vector Automatic Network Analyzer
- Veterans Against Nuclear Arms (Canada)
- Victorian Association for Newsagents (Australia)
- Virginia Association of Nurse Anesthetists
- Virginia Needs Assessment
- Virtual Assistant Networking Association
- Visual Arts Network of Atlanta (Atlanta, GA)
- Veterans Administration National Acquisition Center (Hines, IL)
- Venezuelan Association of North American Schools (athletics conference)
- Veterans Administration Normative Aging Study
- Valley Alliance of Neighborhood Councils (est. 2003; Los Angeles, CA)
- Vertical Ancillary Data Space
- Voice Activated Network Control
- Veterans Affairs Northern California Health Care System (Mather, CA)
- Vaccine Associated Neurotrophic Disease (yellow fever vaccination side effect)
- Vandal (linguistics)
- Video And Audio
- Vanasse & Daylor, LLP (Fort Myers, FL)
- Vertragsarztrechtsänderungsgesetz (German: Contracted Law Amendment; health care)
- Vancouver Data Language
Samples in periodicals archive:
The value added by new business during the year represents a 24% increase over the comparable figure for the year ended December 31, 2000.
Unlike GAAP reporting, EV measures value creation over time and incorporates the cost of capital and value added by new business.