Samsung, the world's number two mobile phone maker, claimed the US firm infringed its technology patents on wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) standards for 3G mobile handsets.
What does W-CDMA stand for?
W-CDMA stands for Wideband Code Division Multiple Access
This definition appears very rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Information technology (IT) and computers
We have 1 other meaning of W-CDMA in our Acronym Attic
- IRS form to request a taxpayer identification number
- Workgroup Applications Development
- Westinghouse Electric Corporation Advanced Energy Systems Division
- Westinghouse Astronuclear Laboratory
- Web - Ammunition Model (US Army WARBUCS)
- Wideband Adaptive Multi-Rate
- Westinghouse Advanced Reactors Division
- Welch-Berlekamp (equation)
- Windowed Version of Bahl-Cocke-Jelinek-Raviv Algorithm
- Windowed-Comparative Concurrent Built-In Self Test
- Wireless Collision Warning Message
- declared by the NCA, W-day is associated with an adversary decision to prepare for war (US DoD)
- Delayed Decision Feedback Sequence Detector with Noise Whitening Pre-Filter
- Wijma Delivery Expectancy/ Experience Questionnaire (psychology)
- Whitened Decision-Feedback Sequence Estimation
- Wide Angle Field of View
- Wiener-Khinchine Relationship
- Woringer-Kolopp Disease (also seen as WK)
Samples in periodicals archive:
It has been widely deployed in Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (W-CDMA) and CDMA2000 handsets, and is also regarded as a preferred data solution for TD-SCDMA handsets.
NASDAQ:SWKS), an innovator of high performance analog and mixed signal semiconductors enabling mobile connectivity, today announced new solutions for its Intera[TM] family of front-end modules (FEM) addressing wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) applications that support bands I, II, IV, V and VI .
In January, Wi-Tron announced it had received orders for its Wideband Code Division Multiple Access (W-CDMA) and GSM1800 Multi-Channel, Ultra Linear amplifiers to an undisclosed Asian vendor.
The LNAs' performance characteristics meet the requirements for the extended global system for mobile communications (EGSM), GSM, personal communications system (PCS) and wideband code division multiple access (W-CDMA) networks.
NASDAQ:SWKS), an industry leader in radio solutions and precision analog semiconductors, today added a highly integrated transmit wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) front-end module (FEM) supporting high-speed downlink packet access (HSDPA) to its Intera(TM) portfolio.
TriQuint Semiconductor (Nasdaq:TQNT) today announced the release of its latest fully optimized wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) / GSM quad-band switch module for the RF front end of 3G (cellular) handsets.
New Modules Offer the Industry's Lowest-Profile Packages; Designed for Thinner, Smaller WEDGE Handsets: WCDMA-2100/GSM 850-900-1800-1900 Bands TriQuint Semiconductor (Nasdaq:TQNT) today announced the release of two new smaller form factor wideband code division multiple access (WCDMA) and enhanced data rates for GSM evolution (EDGE) wireless phone receive modules designed to better meet the signal processing needs in next-generation, multi-mode slim-line (cellular) handsets that use both WCDMA and EDGE (WEDGE) networks.