CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts and BOTHELL, Washington, September 9, 2010 /PRNewswire/ -- Edimer Pharmaceuticals and CMC Biologics today announce the execution of a manufacturing contract to support the development of EDI200, a clinical-stage recombinant protein for the treatment of X-linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia (XLHED), a rare genetic disease with orphan designation in the USA and Europe.
What does XHED stand for?
XHED stands for X-Linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Extra-special Handling Service for Aircraft
- Xylazine Hydrochloride
- X-Linked Helicase 2
- Cross-Harbour Tunnel (Hong Kong)
- Extensible Host Controller Interface (Intel)
- Extra Heavy Duty Cast Iron (pipe)
- Xtreme Heavy Duty
- Cross-Linked, High-Density Polyethylene (also seen as HDPEX)
- Extended High-Efficiency Advanced Audio Coding
- Extra High Frequency
- Cross-Linked High Heat Water Resistant Insulated Wire (UL)
- X-Linked Hyper IgM
- Xisbiga Hantiwadaagga Kacaanka Soomaaliyeed (Somali Revolutionary Socialist Party)
- eXtensible Hyperlinking Language
- Xtreme Hockey League (Canada)
- Georgetown, Ontario, Canada - Georgetown / via Rail Service (Airport Code)
- X-Linked Hyper-IGM Immunodeficiency with Ectodermal Dysplasia
- X-directed Horizontal Magnetic Dipole
- Xerox Health Management Program (New York)
Samples in periodicals archive:
The most common type of ectodermal dysplasia is the X-linked hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia (HED; OMIN #305100) with a birth frequency of 1:10,000 [Carter, 1977] to 1:100,000 [Stevenson and Kerr, 1967].
Edimer Pharmaceuticals, a biotechnology company focused on developing an innovative therapy for the rare genetic disorder, X-linked Hypohidrotic Ectodermal Dysplasia (XLHED), today announced the receipt of Fast Track designation from the U.