Intensive collaborative research by university, industry, and government scientists, including teams from three ARS laboratories--the Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory (YARL) in Wapato, Washington; the Vegetable and Forage Crops Research Laboratory (VFCRL) in Prosser, Washington; and the Beneficial Insects Research Unit (BIRU) in Weslaco, Texas--narrowed the list of likely suspects to a fastidious (nonculturable) bacterium, Candidatus Liberibacter solanacearum, and the potato psyllid, Bactericera cockerelli, as its insect accomplice or "vector.
What does YARL stand for?
YARL stands for Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory (Washington)
This definition appears somewhat frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Science, medicine, engineering, etc.
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 2 other meanings of YARL in our Acronym Attic
- Yet Another Rhythm Determination (linguistics)
- Yoga Alliance of Red Deer (Canada)
- Youth Action against Racism and Discrimination (UK)
- Youth Affairs Research and Development (Australia)
- Youth Association for Rural Development (India)
- Yucatan Animal Rescue Foundation (Sedalia, CA)
- Yet Another Rally Golf
- Yet Another Roleplaying Game (Germany)
- Youth Action Research Group (Washington, DC)
- Yaroslavsky Gosudarstvenny Universitet (Yaroslavl State University)
- Yeah Really
- Yet Another Remake
- Yet Another Road Network
- Yolo Area Regional Network (Davis, CA)
- Young Aboriginal Rotary Network (Australia)
- Young Australian Rural Network
- Youth Action Rangers of Nigeria (est. 1996; Lagos, Nigeria)
- Youth Affairs Research Network (Australia)
- Youth Anti Racism Network (Canada)
- Yet Another Request Object (web server gateway interface)
Samples in periodicals archive:
United States Pacific Basin Agricultural Research Center, Hilo, Hawaii 2 research units * 72 employees Western Regional Research Center, Albany, California 8 research units * 243 employees Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, Wapato, Washington 1 research unit * 58 employees Vegetable and Forage Crops Research Unit, Prosser, Washington 1 research unit * 39 employees Range and Meadow Forage Management Research Unit, Burns, Oregon 1 research unit * 44 employees Small Grains and Potato Germplasm Research Unit, Aberdeen, Idaho 1 research unit * 66 employees U.
[ILLUSTRATION OMITTED] Corvallis, Oregon 3 research units * 152 employees Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, Wapato, Washington 1 research unit * 56 employees The Vegetable and Forage Crop Research Unit, Prosser, Washington 1 research unit * 34 employees Davis, California 5 research units * 111 employees U.
Knight, with ARS's Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, at Wapato, Washington.
There are several reasons, says Hansen, an entomologist with ARS' Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory.
ARS researchers at the Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory in Wapato, Washington, are devising new, integrated strategies to protect potato crops.
Landolt, USDA-ARS Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory, Wapato, Washington; phone (509) 454-6551, e-mail landolt@yarl.
Calkins works at the agency's Yakima Agricultural Research Laboratory near Wapato, Washington.