Martin and Connie Urquhart for the Young Adult Library Services Association.
What does YALSA stand for?
YALSA stands for Young Adult Library Services Association (American Library Association)
This definition appears very frequently and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Organizations, NGOs, schools, universities, etc.
We have 1 other meaning of YALSA in our Acronym Attic
- Young Alumni Leadership Program (various universities)
- Youth Adventure Leadership Program (Broome Community College; New York)
- Youth and the Law Project (Australia)
- Yugoslav Air Line Pilots' Association
- Yet Another Linux PDA
- Youth and Adult Leaders for Program Excellence (Act for Youth; Ithaca, NY)
- Young Adult Library Services (journal of the Young Adult Library Services Association)
- Young Adult Literacy Survey (est. 1985)
- Youth Aware Life Skills (San Francisco, CA)
- Yugoslav Association of Language Schools (Serbia; est. 1999)
- Young Adult Leadership Team (various locations)
- Young Adult Life Transitions Program (New York)
- Yet Another Leak Test Application
- Sault Ste Marie, Ontario, Canada - Sault Ste Marie Airport (Airport Code)
- Ya Ali Madat (Muslim greeting: God Be With You)
- Yale Alumni Magazine
- Yankee Air Museum (Michigan and New Jersey)
- Yelling at Me
- Yellowstone Art Museum (Billings, MT)
- Yet Another Mailer (Amiga e-mail client)
Samples in periodicals archive:
Henry's recent young adult novel, "Girl, Stolen," was named a Young Adult Library Services Association best fiction pick for young adults in 2011.
S This anthology of short stories, poetry, artwork, and an interview is edited by an author who is a former president of the Young Adult Library Services Association.
Ship Breaker" received the 2011 Printz Award given by the Young Adult Library Services Association for "literary excellence in young adult literature.
A mission The vision statement of the Young Adult Library Services Association (Yalsa) of the American Library Association sums up the values of public libraries services to young people so well that it was adopted as the mission statement for the framework In every library in the nation, quality library service to young adults is provided by a staff that understands and respects the unique informational, educational and recreational needs of teenagers.
Through their involvement with the Young Adult Library Services Association, they draw strength from their peers and lobby the larger library field for more attention.
The Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA) has teamed up with Patrick Jones to present a comprehensive framework for developing services to teens that are both collaborative and outcomes-driven.
The Drive to Read @ your library program called on teens to check out one of the Best Books for Young Adults for 2001 -- selected by librarians through the Young Adult Library Services Association (YALSA), a division of the ALA -- and write a short essay.