Nasdaq: NVLS) on multiple causes of action -- including breach of contract, and lack of good faith and fair dealing -- asserted by Linear Technology Corp.
What does GFFD stand for?
GFFD stands for Good Faith and Fair Dealing (legal contracts concept)
This definition appears rarely and is found in the following Acronym Finder categories:
- Military and Government
See other definitions of GFFD
- Green Family Foundation (Miamia, FL)
- Green Function Formalism
- Grenade Free Foundation (Jersey Shore; TV show)
- Grupo Financiero Ficohsa (Panama)
- Galactic Federation of Free Alliances (Star Wars)
- Galaxy Far Far Away (Star Wars)
- Glowacki Framson Financial Advisors (Los Angeles, CA)
- Geophysical Fluid Flow Cell
- Gross Formation of Fixed Capital (financial statistics)
- Grow Financial Federal Credit Union (Tampa, FL)
- Gross Failed Fuel Detector
- German Force for Dead Souls (online gaming league)
- Grams of Fecal Fat Eliminated
- Global Food for Education Initiative
- Goteborg Film Festival Fund (Sweden)
- Gravitational Field-Flow Fractionation
- Good from Far Far from Good
- Green Film Festival in Seoul
- Global Fantasy Football League
- Gridiron Fantasy Football League
Samples in periodicals archive:
4th 384, the California Supreme Court rejected an employee's lawsuit for breach of contract, breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, and fraud in connection with his termination, ruling that: (1) At-will language in the employee's job offer confirmation letter unambiguously meant that he could be fired without cause; and (2) A clear and unambiguous at-will provision in a written employment contract, signed by the employee, cannot be overcome by evidence of a prior or contemporaneous implied-in-fact contract requiring good cause for termination.
The Superior Court jury also ruled Thursday that the baseball team did not violate a state law requiring good faith and fair dealing when it changed its name from the Anaheim Angels before last season.
The latter charge, referred to in the lawsuit as breach of the covenant of good faith and fair dealing, also requests punitive damages, Dillon said.
In addition to asserting breach of distributorship contracts and territorial routes, and the termination of these, the dealers say the newspaper companies breached their duty of good faith and fair dealing in the performance of their duties under contracts, and that as a result, they were unjustly enriched.
and Fusion Capital Fund II, LLC and Fusion Capital Partners, LLC (Fusion), investment funds based in Chicago, with allegations of, among other things, Fusion's tortious interference with contract and Sutura's and Fusion's conspiracy to breach implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing.
Monsanto alleged that the company and four of its insurance subsidiaries breached their duty of good faith and fair dealing and the Texas Insurance Code.
It also found that Nationwide violated the implied covenant of good faith and fair dealing and, more significantly, violated The Connecticut Franchise Act and the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act.